Friday, June 10, 2016

I had some leftover shredded Thanksgiving turkey in my freezer and came up with this quick and delicious dinner last week. It was also a great use of all my leftover veggies. It was so yummy and fast that I will definitely be making it again!
Turkey & Pesto Pasta
6 oz. dry whole grain pasta (I used whole wheat angel hair pasta)
1.5 cups shredded turkey (could use chicken)
8 oz. pesto sauce*
3 cups raw sliced veggies (I used sliced sweet peppers, mushrooms and asparagus)
2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
Boil pasta according to directions, drain. While pasta is boiling, saute veggies in olive oil over medium heat until softened. Add shredded turkey and pesto to the veggie pan and stir to combine. Heat through. After pasta is drained add it to the pan and mix well to combine. Enjoy!
Traditional Pesto
via The Gracious Pantry
1 cup fresh basil, packed
7 cloves garlic
1/2 cup olive oil
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup roasted pine nuts
salt & pepper to taste
Blend all ingredients in a food processor until smooth.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

BTemplates.com

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts