Wednesday, January 4, 2017

This was a dish my mom always made when I was growing up. I loved it then and I still love it now! It's so simple (about 15 minutes from start to finish and only uses 1 pan!) and my kids like it too. I spice mine up a little with some hot sauce but leave my kids just like the recipe says. Enjoy!

One-Pot Spanish Rice
Serves: 4

1 pound lean ground beef (or ground turkey)
2 cups frozen corn
1 cup water
15 oz. can of stewed tomatoes, undrained (chopped up)
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1.5 cups brown Minute rice, uncooked

Brown meat; add corn, water, tomatoes and seasonings and bring to a boil. Stir in dry rice; cover and remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Stir and serve.

If you are following the Portion Fix nutrition plan, each serving counts as 1 red, 2 yellow, 1/2 green


0 comments:

Post a Comment

BTemplates.com

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts