Thursday, April 13, 2017

It was 5:30 one night this week and I realized I hadn't even started thinking about what I would make for dinner. I looked through my freezer and refrigerator and threw together this quick dish. Delicious, simple, fast and healthy!

Shrimp Marinara
Serves: 4

16 oz. shrimp, raw (peeled and deveined) - I used a bag of frozen shrimp that I had on hand
1 large bunch of asparagus, cut into 2 inch pieces
2 medium zucchini, sliced
1 cup whole wheat pasta, uncooked
15 oz. Marinara sauce
2 tsp. olive oil
2 tsp. grass fed butter

1. Boil pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
2. While pasta is cooking, heat oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add veggies to the pan and saute until tender, approximately 8 minutes.
3. Add shrimp to the pan and cook just until pink, flipping once during cook time.
4. Add marinara sauce to the pan and heat through.
5. Add pasta, stir until well combined.

If you are following the Portion Fix nutrition plan each serving is 1 tsp., 1 green, 1 red and 1 yellow.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

BTemplates.com

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts